Thursday, June 02, 2005

Begging the Goverment for Permission to do Business

I work for an airline that is trying for the rights to fly into Argentina. We have been asked to write a letter to Secretary Mineta begging for him to allow us the right to do so.
Have they (USDOT) forgot who they work for? Are they not the servants of the people? Why is it we need to beg them for this right of commerce? I know that we have to grovel with other governments, but why ours? Their is something totally out of wack here.
The form letter we have been asked to write states "As an employee of (named) Airline, I respectfully urge you to Grant (name of airline) this authority.

I would edit it this way:

As an employee of (named) Airlines, and as a citizen of these United States of America, I am appalled that I even have to respectfully urge you to grant (named airline) this authority. This is a case of backwards thinking. This is something that instead of us writing to you groveling to get this authority, you and other peoples servants should be coming to us, asking (named) Airlines Inc what you can do to help this process along.

We should not be bowing or begging to our representative Government. Government should exist for us to further along commerce and to better our property rights as citizens. Where is it we went wrong with this?

2 Comments:

Blogger camojack said...

kwl:
You work for an airline? I just build aircraft, in the "Military-Industrial Complex"...

11:48 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

hope you'll come back and read the rest of my entry...I was blogging as you typed. no way on earth would I defend Amnesty :)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home