Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Rights for ILLEGAL Immigrants???

Makes me want to scream at these protestors. What part of illegal don't you understand?? What the hell is wrong with these protesting kids?

I would bet, if we put a man on the street, and asked these kids to explain to us what this hullaballoo is all about, they couldn't give us an intelligent honest answer. I would bet that if we drill down to their motives it would come down to two things;
  1. They just want an excuse from not going to class.
  2. They are being motivated by the likes of LULAC and other racist communistic groups.
We need to ask the schools that are teaching these kids if they are teaching them about the difference between legal and illegal immigration. Are they giving them examples of the good hard working immigrant families that did things correctly and legally. Ask those families how they feel about now giving special rights, giving them a shortcut to becoming legal.

But hey, we are being so unfair about all of this aren't we? How do we expect these illegal immigrants to come up with the fee of one thousand dollars over the period of six years to become legal? How insensitive is that?

I heard one of these kids say, they are not here to be criminals, they just want to work.

Consider this:
One third of the population of our federal prisons are illegal aliens. That makes you think that perhaps, since so many of these coming across illegally are victimizing themselves with these coyotes, that their efforts to do it legally would be easier, that you have to ask them why they do it that way? Could it be that they are criminals to begin with?

As far as the labor issue, I have a nephew, who chose construction as his profession. He loves it and chose to do that instead of going to college. He works hard when he gets the chance. He hangs wallboard, which is a touph job. Several days he goes without work because the contractors can hire these illegals to do it so much cheaper and not have to pay taxes etc. for them. They don't have to worry about paying their taxes or workmans compensation because even if they do get injured, they aren't going to claim it at work as they would be deported. But they will say they just had an accident and be a big drain on our social services.
They need to see, that they are victimizing themselves and that the efforts to do this illegally is so much more than to do it illegally.

I think we just need to criminalize it, secure our borders and help them get legal immigration status. Too much has been said about the illegals, how do we know they are not criminals or terrorists.

We already know from history that giving them clemency does not work. Reagan tried it during his administration. Two things happened. Hardly anyone took advantage of it, and more illegals came across our borders. We need to learn from our historic lessons.



7 Comments:

Blogger KWL said...

My Friend Justo e-mailed me this in response. He is blogger shy I guess, but I told him I would post his view.
...and of course I don't agree!

First off, any law that infringes on a man's choice to work or a man's choice to hire, is simply immoral. And, these immoral laws must be challenged.

What's wrong with you Kirk; have you forgotten Atlas Shrugged?

Consider this: If we did away with these protectionist laws, the value of labor would be in line with market forces and your nephew would not be competing with cheap labor. He would have to compete with other “legal” workers who are willing and able to do the same job at a fair market bid.

Cheers,

Justo

4:50 PM  
Blogger KWL said...

Justo
I don't think you understand my post at all. I am not condemning or recommending what the Dimocrats or Republicans are proposing right now, they are just trying to see who can pander to who, and for what reasons they have to pander. The Dims want to see them stay in squaller and poverty so they can micromanage them, making them drunk with everything they can give them, and the Republicans want to pander to the Businessess that want to maintain cheap labor. Neither one has my interests. My interests are that the laws that we have on the books right now be upheld. That the immigration be legal, and that we should try to make legal immigration easier. We need to make sure that the persons crossing our borders are friends, not foes. Right now we can arrest an illegal alien for shoplifting, and we will not deport that individual.
I considered what you wanted me to. I think my nephew would want to compete on a level playing field. It is ILLEGAL aliens that are doing it under the table, allowing unscrupulous contractors to hire them. It makes it unlevel because contractors that choose to obey the law pay taxes and workmens compensation. I am now repeating myself..sorry.

4:55 PM  
Blogger camojack said...

Human rights only...

4:24 AM  
Blogger KWL said...

Camojack
Right on CamoJack. I will uphold any human being the human rights aspect.
However, (since so many of the illegals come from Mexico I will use this as an example) if we were to go to Mexico even legally, and we try to buy a house there, we cannot own the land. Also we cannot demonstrate anything politically in Mexico. And these Illegals, waiving their Mexican Flags, not the US flag, are protesting on our soil demanding rights!! This is the part of Illegal that I don't think they understand, other than natural human rights, they don't have rights in this country while they are illegal aliens. However, we put up with a lot more than we should.

Justo

I never have forgot Atlas Shrugged, but I don't worship it either. Ayn Rand was brilliant, but she I do not worship. She would say to me, to stick to my values, these are my values, and I am not waivering.

7:23 AM  
Blogger camojack said...

Human Rights, in detail.
(As requested...)

7:33 PM  
Blogger KWL said...

It's a shame the UN can't even follow their own Pre-amble.

"Get us out of the UN...NOW"

Why do we support such a filthy disgusting, and perverted organization, I'll never understand.

3:19 PM  
Blogger D$ said...

Actually, you're an outright liar. It's not 1/3 of the federal prison population that is illegal immigrants, it's roughly* 17% (which is a lot less than 33.3%). Of that 17%, 40% are in California, a state that contains 80% of the illegal immigrant population of the United States**. Get your facts right.

*http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/3/27/114208.shtml
**http://www.house.gov/list/speech/ca50_bilbray/in_061024.html

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home